A cone dripper where the coffee sits in a cone shape filter and drips down into a cup.
What’s the best coffee to use in a V60?
Try our PNG Gold
Grind as you would for Filter Coffee, between Cafetiere (French Press) and Aeropress
How much coffee:
How long it should brew:
How to brew:
- Place the filter paper inside coffee dripper and rinse it thoroughly with hot water to remove any paper flavour or other residues.
- Boil the kettle, the water should be about 93-94 degrees.
- Grind your coffee finely and add about 20g to the pour over filter.
- Place cup, V60 and filter on to a set of scales, tare.
- start the timer and begin the bloom (add 1-2g of water for every gram of coffee) wait 30 seconds
- Slowly add the remaining water until you hit your target (320-340ml dependant on taste and coffee being used)
- Wait until the final drawdown is complete, aim for between 3-3 1/2 minutes for completion. If it’s too long or too short adjust your grind and repeat.
- Sit back and enjoy your cup!
Why we like to brew the pour over coffee method
It provides you with the ability to vary brew times to taste and for various coffees, something not possible with an ordinary filter/pour-over system. It’s quick and easy to clean and no longer are you left with a pot of coffee that is stewing on a hot plate. Like the Aeropress, it is a great 1 cup brew method.